Replacing lost or destroyed certificates
The Overseas Examinations Commission (OEC) assists students who sat examinations in Jamaica with replacing lost, damaged or destroyed certificates from CXC or GCE/Cambridge examinations.
Our Customer Relations Department provides all the necessary information to complete this task as painlessly as possible. You, however, need to have the relevant information which will make the process go smoothly.
Considering these documents are provided by examining bodies based overseas, you will need to pay both a board service charge as well as a local service charge. One of our Customer Relations Representatives would be more than happy to give you the applicable rates. The current rates are included in parentheses below, however, these rates may change without notice.
Given the immense importance of your certificates, we advise taking steps to safeguard them. We recommend that you make photocopies and store them in a separate location. Photocopies may be certified by the OEC and used in lieu of your original certificate(s).
CXC Replacement Certificate
To obtain a replacement for a CXC awarded certificate, please observe the following procedures:
- Purchase an international bank draft at any Commercial Bank in the amount of US$ 105.00 per certificate, payable to the Caribbean Examinations Council (please note that rates given are subject to change by the Examining Board without notice).
- Take your birth certificate or passport to one of the OEC’s offices based in Kingston or Montego Bay.
- If applicable, take along the defaced or damaged certificate.
- Take along local service charge (J$3,130.00) to be paid at the office in full.
- Complete the request form at one of our offices or visit our website at www.overseasexams.org.jm. Forms must be signed by a Lawyer, Ministry of Religion or Justice of the Peace (this person must NOT be a relative).
Please note that a certificate takes approximately 2 to 3 months to be processed, once received.
GCE London Replacement Certificate
Visit Pearson’s website at www.edexcel.org.uk for more information on replacing GCE London Certificates.
GCE Cambridge Certifying Statement of Results
For information on the GCE Cambridge Certifying Statement of Results, please contact the OEC either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 876-920-3284
Amendment(s) to CXC Certificates
To request an amendment to a certificate, please be guided by the following:
Write a letter of request addressed to Mr. Hector L. Stephenson, Executive Director, Overseas Examinations Commission.
Purchase an international bank draft at any Commercial Bank in the amount of the Board Fee (US$30.00) per certificate, made payable to the Caribbean Examinations Council (please note that rates given are subject to change by the Examining Board without notice).
Take along your birth certificate and the original CXC certificate(s) and;
Payment of a local service charge (J$3,130.00) will be required during the visit to one of our offices. This single payment must be made in full.
Please be reminded that a certificate takes approximately 2 to 3 months to be processed, once received.
Amendment(s) to GCE Certificates
Changes to GCE Certificates can only be made within 18 months from the date the original certificate or statement of results was issued.
Please note that the original certificate must be returned before an amendment can be done. Cambridge will not provide amended certificates or statements to candidates who have personal data amendment beyond this point.
The associated fees are detailed in our brochure under the heading GCE Cambridge Certifying Statement of Results.
The Commission offers an array of additional services to include:
- Certified copies of results/certificates
- Transcripts to local and overseas firms and institutions
- Research using examinations statistics
- Registration for international examinations
- Enquiry on examination results/remark of scripts
- Provision of past papers for free when available
- Delivery of certificates to candidates registered with Private or Open Centres
- Seminars for Private Candidates
- Information about examinations/qualifications available through the Overseas Examinations Commission.