Dr Donna Powell Wilson is a dedicated and passionate professional who has special interest in Mathematics Education, Curriculum and Instruction, and Educational Leadership and Technology. Her professional qualification includes:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Curriculum and Instruction from the Northern Caribbean University
- Master of Science in Educational Technology from the University of British Columbia, Canada
- Master of Science in Educational Leadership from the Central Connecticut University, USA
- Bachelor of Education (Mathematics) from the University of the West Indies, Mona
- Diploma in Teaching (Primary), Passley Gardens Teachers’ College, now College of Agriculture, Science and Education (CASE)
Dr Powell Wilson has served in the capacity of Executive Director of the Council of Community Colleges of Jamaica since January 2014. With over 20 years’ service, this erudite educator has vast experience at the Secondary and Tertiary Levels of the education system. Dr Powell Wilson is fully committed to volunteerism and is actively involved in her place of worship, the Elim Open Bible Church. She is the current Church Secretary and President of the Women’s Ministry. Some other areas of service include former Board Member of her alma mater, Tarrant Primary School, Curriculum Committee Nursing Council of Jamaica.