Dr Donna Powell Wilson is a dedicated and passionate professional who has special interest in Mathematics Education, Curriculum and Instruction, and Educational Leadership and Technology. Her professional qualification includes:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Curriculum and Instruction from the Northern Caribbean University
- Master of Science in Educational Technology from the University of British Columbia, Canada
- Master of Science in Educational Leadership from the Central Connecticut University, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Education from the University of the West Indies, Mona
- Diploma in Teacher Education, Passley Gardens Teachers’ College, now College of Agriculture, Science and Education (CASE)
Dr Powell Wilson has served in the capacity of Executive Director of the Council of Community Colleges of Jamaica since 2014 January 2. With over 20 years’ service, this erudite educator has vast experience at the Secondary and Tertiary Levels of the education system. Dr Powell Wilson is fully committed to volunteerism and is actively involved in her place of worship, the Elim Open Bible Church. She is the current Church Secretary and will presently assume the added responsibility of leadership of the Women’s Group. Other areas of service include Board Member of her alma mater, Tarrant Primary School.